Tuesday, August 22, 2006
theme songs..

MOOD: full.. just had lunch..
MUSIC: Lucy - Hanson

I've been listening to this *the LISTENING TO part*, and the other song (which is coincidentally on my playlist right now, on repeat) and it made me think of all the songs that i used to think have a connection to me. Honestly, before, i always believed that some songs, love songs and senti for that matter, are meant for me. I wanted to think they were all written for me and my so-called lovelife.

In the past (and until the present), i've had several theme songs, for me, with my friends, with my past relationships, and with everything that happens with my life. Any song i was singing or listening to when something good happened to me, automatically made it to my theme songs. And until now, whenever i hear any of them, it still puts a smile, sometimes even a goofy grin, on my face. Some of the songs i considered special (those that i can remember at the moment):

When You Say Nothing At All - the Ronan Keating version. JJ, someone from the past, and i had this theme song back in high school. He even had his friend whistle it for me, on the school corridor during one of my classes. Sweet. Aaaww.=)

I'll Be Missing You and Just Like a Pill - Puff Daddy (with the gang) and Pink respectively. Me and my St Paul friends used to go on roadtrips, cruising along the highways, windows open, radio on full volume, and the music blasting. Gaah. I really miss them, you know.

Ready For a Fall and then Ipagpatawad Mo - PJ Olsson and VST & Co. These are songs i sing whenever i'm falling and fall in love. With a friend. I just simply love them. If you'd just listen to the message of the songs, you'll know what i mean.

Stubborn Love. A Christian song that i used to sing for JB, another ex. He liked it when i sang it, so whenever we'd jam then, this song was always part of our sessions.

Honey, My Love, So Sweet and Sana ay Mahalin Mo Pa Rin ako - both by April Boys. Yeah, i know. Cheesy love songs. Tagalog, even. But hey, this is the reason.;)

I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me and later followed by You've Made Me Stronger - perfect heartbreak and moving on song. I can totally relate. And just recently (actually, a little over 3 months ago), this fit my case entirely.

Don't Speak - No Doubt. Oblivion played it on his guitar. I sang it. From then on, this song was onRepeat for several weeks on my playlist.

Good Riddance (Time of your Life) - Greenday. Our high school graduation song. The rest of the class sang it, while 5 of us (me, Sonn, Xanne, Pax, and Cram) played it on our guitars as accompaniment.

Dilemma - Nelly feat Kelly. Another St Paul days favorite. Mitz, one of my roomies then, and i were nursing our broken hearts with this song, after a break-up with our respective boyfriends over the weekend that passed. We had this 3D (Di-lemma, Di-kumakain, Di-pumapasok sa class) moments where we stayed locked up in our room, sulking and crying our hearts out, and after 4 days, decided we're moving on. And we did. How the song played a part in all that. I don't know. We just loved it.:D

Out of Reach and Cool - Gabrielle and Gwen Stefani. I don't know. I guess i just love how the songs make an impact on me. On how i view love and relationships. And on how i still refuse to give up on love, even after everything.

Tell Me where It Hurts. Only recently was this song added to my so-called theme songs. Maybe it's because i love singing this on videoke days. Or because, i like how MYMP sang their version of it. Or because I can relate to it. Or because of other reasons. Lots of them, really.;)

Bitch and Ugly - Meredith Brooks and Sugababes respectively. Perfect girl power type of songs, perfect combination, topping it off with I Will Survive.:D


i've been Tin Nolasco at 12:43

1 read and shared

  • at Wed Aug 23, 01:00:00 PM 2006,
    Anonymous Anonymous had this to say

    Awww... melody of memories~

    I had my fair share of last-song syndromes.. going on and off, sometime or another~ =]

    I repeat them over and over till I get so fed up.. usually I don't and they pile up in my playlist *shrug*

    Anyways, congrats on memorizing them and remembering them now~ Hahaha, dunno if I could do that

     

Post a Comment

...back to main


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
...my heart...my soul...my mind...coz being CLUELESS does not have to mean i am STUPID...allow me to talk...